Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Hurry Up and Wait: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What's surprised you most about your life or life in general?

I started to say that how well things are going was surprising, but that would be a lie.  It should be this good, and better.  I've prayed.  My friends have prayed.  God continually reminds me of His Word and asks me to trust Him.  His plan is good.  I'm the one who's been screwing it up.

Any of you who've read my blog for any significant length of time knows that God has brought me through many hard times (some self-inflicted) and helped me overcome so much crap that should have killed me, or at least made me stark raving crazy (again, some self-inflicted).

God's word says in Romans 8:28 that He works all things together for my good because I love Him and am called according to His purpose.  I've been calling that one in.  It's my time.  It's time for me to do Him more good than harm.  It's time for me to work and have something to show for it.  It's time for me to fulfill God's purpose in my life, rather than just sit and dream about it.

Sweet potato fries, sweet potato casserole, a baked sweet potato, a bowl of butternut squash soup, a caramel apple or a slice of pumpkin pie...you have to order one thing on this list right now. Which one do you go for? 

Wait, no sweet potato pie?  The wheel is rigged!

What's a famous book set in your home state? Have you read it? On a scale of 1-5 (5 is fantastic) how many stars does it rate?

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is set in Alabama.  I was forced to read it in high school and I give it a one out of five.  Just as I said when the sequel came out and everyone was peeing themselves over it:

My friends are beside themselves absolutely drooling because they want another book like To Kill a Mockingbird.  Why?  Why would people want more of a story like that? For those who've never read the book or viewed the movie: It's the story of a country lawyer who defends a black man falsely accused of rape.  The man was convicted, sent to prison, and was killed in prison for trying to escape.  Oh yeah, we need more literature like that.  No thank you; one forced reading in high school was enough.
 There are 60 days until Christmas...have you started your shopping? How do you stay organized for the holidays?

Are you kidding me?  My goal is to get approved for an apartment, get moved, and have something in my new place besides an air mattress and a box of light bulbs.  I'll deal with Christmas later...like NEXT Christmas.

October 26th is National Tennessee Day. Have you ever lived or spent any time in Tennessee? Is this a state you'd like to visit one day? The top rated tourist attractions in Tennessee are-The Great Smoky Mountain National Park (Gatlinburg area), Elvis's Graceland (Memphis), Birth of the Music Biz (Memphis and Nashville), Dollywood (Pigeon Forge), Tennessee's Military Heritage (many battlefields), The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home), The Parthenon (Nashville), Oak Ridge American Museum of Science and Energy, Chattagnooa and the Tennessee Valley Railroad, Downtown Knoxville, Lookout Mountain, The Titanic Museum (Pigeon Forge), The Museum of Appalachia (Clinton), and The Lost Sea Adventure (Sweetwater).  How many on this list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?

When I was in Girl Scouts, we went to the now defunct Opryland in Nashville.  When I go back to my neck of the woods to visit, I'd like to go to the Tennessee Aquarium and go to Gatlinburg to play in the artist shops.  It's only a few hours from my hometown.

Insert your own random thought here.

Well, the first apartment I applied for fell through.  Well, fell through isn't really the right term for what happened.  I'll tell the story of what happened later--after I'm for sure settled somewhere.  I found a larger place even closer to work, and I jumped on it like duck on a Junebug.  I'm just waiting for my paperwork to be approved.  When that happens, the place is mine (I paid to hold it).  I'm believing for God's favor and that the process runs smoothly and quickly to get me moved in.  Keep praying, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment