Friday, November 24, 2017

Five Minute Friday: "Familiar" [40 Days of Gratitude: Day 03]




Today found me headed to the IKEA in Centennial.  But first, a not-so-quick stop at Wal-Mart for a small area rug and a couple a two-tiered end tables.  I came out to my car to find my right front tire was nearly flat.  I swung around to the Tire Express and got it aired up.  It seemed to be OK, but I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Today, I'm thankful for friends from my new church who volunteered their pickup truck and strong backs to help me get a few more furniture pieces for my apartment.  I now have a dining table and chairs, some bookshelves, and a writing table for my bedroom.  And for those wondering, no, they weren't hard to assemble.

So, what does this have to do with familiarity?

First, the dining table.  The wonderful familiar feel of having a designated place to eat.  Plus, now, I have a work surface on which to create.  I printed out some samples of my newly-created Christmas card and cut it on that very table.  I can get back to the familiarity of creativity.

Second, the bookshelves.  It's no secret how much I enjoy books and reading.  It was wonderful to finally get my books out of the boxes and crates and onto their new home on the shelves.

Third, the writing table.  Having pared down to my laptop, a large 47-piece computer desk is not necessary.  This table holds my laptop, books, notebooks, and anything else I need to create with words.  My printer and supplies are sitting on one of the small end tables.   The other end table is my new bedside table.

It's starting to feel like home.  It's starting to feel comfortable and familiar.

-----
Prompts provided by Mrs. Kate over at Five Minute Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment