Monday, November 20, 2017

Fall Festival: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Monday, November 20, 2017
 

Outside my window …  Another cool, crisp, Colorado morning.

I am thinking...  
  • ... about doing another 40 Days of Gratitude blog challenge.  It will start on November 22nd and take us through the end of the year.
  • ... about the holidays and how I'll celebrate them in this new place.  We've already had a couple of fun Thanksgiving celebrations at work.
  • ... about decorating plans for my apartment.  I've got lot's of ideas and it will be fun to experiment.

I am thankful...  Oh, for so many things.  So many things have fallen into place since we first planned this move out West.  Only God could have orchestrated what has happened.  To Him I give the glory.
 
From the Workshop...
 
Auntie's Workshop is on temporary hiatus as I furnish my apartment with the necessities.  As soon as I have a suitable workspace from which to create, I'll be right back at it.
 
I am reading...  
 
The Women of Christmas by Liz Higgs
The Last Bus to Albuquerque by Lewis Grizzard
 
Books I've completed since my last Daybook:
  • Real Artists Don't Starve by Jeff Goins.  The review is here.

I am learning...

On my job, I'm learning new procedures, new computer programs, and new equipment. 

In my new city, I'm learning where things are and how things work.


  
Favorite quote(s) of the week: 

"Scripture doesn't call for us to lay out our lives without any semblance of a game plan and in defiance of mathematics and call it 'trusting God.'" - Dave Ramsey

"Genius tends to happen in community, not isolation." - Marshal Ferrell.

"Promotion isn't something an artist avoids; it's an essential part of the job." - Jeff Goins.
 
I am looking forward to... 
  • A few days off for Thanksgiving.
  • Saturday's Iron Bowl.  #RollTide
  • JSU's first playoff game in December.  #FearTheBeak
  • Going back to IKEA.
  • Volunteering at the Christmas Shop ministry the first Saturday of December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment