Friday, November 17, 2017

Five Minute Friday: "Excuse"




Romans 1:20 (KJV) - For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

We are in a world full of excuses.  However, I believe for some of us, our efforts to not be excuse makers does us harm.  As I mentioned here, in trying not to make excuses for not keeping up with my runners club back home, I was neglecting my real needs.  My physical health was suffering from not getting enough rest.  My mental health was declining into a depressive mode of disappointment at not reaching someone else's idea of mileage I should be getting.  My health goals were going into the toilet because mileage was overshadowing progress I could have been making in other areas of fitness.
While not making excuses is a great virtue to shoot for, the goal is not to worry about what everyone else thinks.  The goal is to maintain integrity.
 
-----
Prompts provided by Mrs. Kate over at Five Minute Friday.

2 comments:

  1. hi shannon, i'm your neighbor at FMF:) i think we had some parallel thoughts today. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great balancing thoughts Shannon! It's good that you realized health over mileage goals.
    ~Lisa, FMF #13 Excuse Her

    ReplyDelete