Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Are We There Yet? Yep: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Do your actions match your words? Elaborate.

I wish I could say they always do, but no.  I do try my best to honor what I say, but I don't always succeed.  That is not to say that I'm a hypocrite; just saying that occasionally what I do and say unfortunately are different.

Sick as a dog, go to the dogs, dog days of summer, dog tired, it's a dog's life, every dog has it's day, can't teach an old dog new tricks...now doggone it which saying could most recently be applied to your life?

Dog tired.  I got into Aurora yesterday (Tuesday) after three long days on the interstate.  More on that in another post.  I slept well last night, but I'm sure a nap may ensue sometime today.

Your favorite book featuring a dog in the storyline? What makes it a favorite?

Ok, go ahead and laugh, but the only books I've read with a dog in the storyline as a major character have been several of the Clifford the Big Red Dog  books.  My preschool class read tons of them. 

What's something you hope to one day have the confidence to do?

Finish writing and self-publish my book.

August 16th is National Tell a Joke Day. So tell us a joke.

"[Margaret] Thatcher was famous for saying, 'If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.' Now that's true, but I would like to add; if you want absolutely nothing said or done, ask a CAT." - Craig Ferguson

"Radio ad: 'Total Transformation kit has my child no longer talking back.' My 21 yr old son: 'Kit has duct tape and a bat'" - Dave Ramsey

"Whenever I have to wear a suit, I only iron the front of my shirt. Makes me feel like I'm getting away with something." -- Colin Mochrie

Heard a commercial for Dodge where the guy talked about how eco-efficient his truck was because it has a sensor that powered the engine down when he was on the highway. I have one too. It's called a TRANSMISSION! -- Auntie's Musings

Insert your own random thought here.

Well, my long journey is over and I am now in Aurora, Colorado.  As I stated above, I am dog tired.  I will blog more about my journey when I get some more rest.  Until then, see y'all later.

4 comments:

  1. Love "kit has duct tape and a bat" - I must admit that I snorted!! Glad your long journey is over and can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new home! Hope you settle in without too much trouble. And hope you got that nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce. I did not get a nap yesterday, but I did today. :)

      Delete