Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Playing Offense: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Wednesday, March 15, 2017
 

Outside my window  We're having a dreigh Scottish winter day here in Alabama.  Ah, nothing to fear, the forecast is calling for spring weather by the weekend.

I am thinking...  
  • About how to make things better for myself.
  • About the Lent season and how to really celebrate it for all it's worth.

I am thankful...  that I'm on the mend.  The past few weeks have been hideous.  First, there was the insomnia, then the body aches, then a weekend of some weird gastrointestinal thing mixed with the sensation of peeing razor blades.  I'm ready to have some days where I actually feel good.  This is really screwing up my workouts.
 
From the Workshop...


The New Wine:  16 x 20
Acrylic on Canvas.
Read about it here.

I am reading... I recently finished The Proposal by Lori Wick.  If you'd like, you may read the review here (scroll to the bottom if you just want to read the review).  Among the pile I'm currently reading...
 



 
I am learning...

I've had a couple of epiphanies this week:
  • Life is like football (or any other sport); you cannot win if you're only playing defense.  Yes, I know that the University of Alabama football team scored a record number of non-offensive points last season and went all the way to the BCS Championship, but that is RARE.  The sum total of my life has been reacting to what happens to me, rather than trying to take some sort of action before it gets hopeless.  I've had too much hopeless in my life.  I'm so scared of making the wrong move that I make none at all.  I'm paralyzed with the terrible dread of failure, of disappointing others, of disappointing God.  This is no life.  I've got to take offensive action.  Even if it's the wrong thing, I've got to trust that the Holy Spirit will help direct me.
  • Any art that people say is beautiful, will accept for free, but will not purchase is WORTHLESS.  My dream of selling my art is a pipe dream, but letting God use it for His glory and ministry is a much better dream.  I'll just keep giving it to Him.  What happens after that is in His hands.
Favorite quote(s) of the week
 
"Faith believes.  Faith trusts.  Therefore, faith praises."  Kenneth Hagin Jr.
 
I am looking forward to... 
  • Easter
  • Getting back outside in the sunshine.
  • Revamping my workouts.
  • I'm looking forward to having more good things to look forward to.

And now for something totally different...

Five minute Friday word of the week:    Purpose
 

From Facebook:  Nerdgasm shared:












 
From the Nerd Fitness website:




























From Facebook:  James Spann shared:



From Facebook:  MHarper shared: 








From Facebook:
 


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment