Wednesday, March 29, 2017

All About That Bass: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'  What's something you've seen recently that you thought was beautiful?

I'm ashamed to say that off the top of my head, I can't think of anything.  Well, not something personal.  I've seen pictures of babies, flowers, and sunsets on the internet, but they were things other people had garnered the beauty from.  I'm creating and project that I think is beautiful, but if I said that about my own work, people would think me conceited...or delusional.

Our culture and beauty...your thoughts?

It's too difficult for a woman in our culture to be considered beautiful.  It takes too much surgery, too many stylists, too many wardrobe and makeup changes, too much Photoshop, too much shame, and too much money.  It's not worth it.  And on that subject...



Age before beauty, beauty queen, beauty mark, beauty sleep...which beauty-ful phrase resonates with you today? Why?

None really.  I'm not even going to talk about sleep anymore.

I read here a list of the top ten beasts animals that scare us the most-
alligators, coyotes, black bears, birds (but pigeons in particular), sharks, bats, bed bugs, rats, rattlesnakes, and the black widow spider. Which 'beast' on the list scares you the most? What is the likelihood of you having an actual encounter with that particular beast? Did a movie contribute to your fear of this creature? Have you ever had a real life encounter with any of the animals listed?
 
Since there's not much chance I'll come in contact with any of these animals, I'd have to say none.

Where were you when you last heard a bell ring? Was it alarming or musical?

Sunday.  We have a bell that signals the end of Sunday School/Life Groups.  It usually scares the water out of me.

What's your favorite carb? How's that for random?

Healthy carb?  Gala Apples.  Not-so-healthy carb?  Ice cream.

Let's wrap up another month of Hodgepodging and life with an acrostic. Recap your month using the word MARCH.

Maybe
A
Re-do
Could
Help

Insert your own random thought here.

See y'all next time.

2 comments:

  1. Our church doesn't have bells. Hope you find joy in the springtime. March is a hard month all the way around.

    ReplyDelete