Tuesday, October 18, 2016

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 2016 - 18: "Neighbor"



GO!  

When I was a kid, my family knew all of the neighbors.  We knew who to trust and who to avoid.  We spent fun times at each other's houses.  We knew how to act at the neighbor's house because we had a 2 for 1 deal--you get your tail tore up at someone else's house, you get it torn out of the frame again at home.

What happened to being neighborly?  Are we all so much in our own little world of four walls and internet that we don't have time to look people in the eye and connect? 

I've noticed a trend with many of my friends, they are ditching the idea that cyber friends are enough.  They are not!  People are turning off their phones, getting out of the house to meet the neighbors, and planning times to spend with real people.  I like it.

Will you join the new trend?

Won't you be my neighbor?  **Zips my sweater**

STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment