Wednesday, October 5, 2016

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 2016 - 05: "Silence"



GO!  

Auntie is in desperate need of a few days of silence.  For the past couple of weeks, it seems that no matter where I am, every ounce I've peace and quiet I've tried to squeeze out has been insanely disturbed.

For example:  last night, I was deeply asleep then BOOM, a transformer box up the street explodes and catches on fire.  All the lights go out, so there's warning bells and whistles that the power is out.  The fans and air conditioning stop, so I can hear EVERYTHING outside; every barking dog, every siren, everything.  I get back to sleep and a while later, the noise of everything coming back on awakens me.

All of this has made me awfully tired and extremely edgy.

I'm a people person, but I also need the balance of peaceful silence and solitude.

STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment