Friday, September 23, 2016

Five Minute Friday: "Five"

Our Mistress of Ceremonies for the Five Minute Friday is Kate over at Heading Home.  Hope you link up with us and join the fun.


 
GO! 

Sometimes I miss being five:

I was pretty happy and laughed a lot without having to justify my joy.

When I cried, it was because of physical pain that subsided, not heart pain that lasted for decades.

My family was close (or at least I thought they were anyway).

There were no rules that you had to color in the lines.

Sure, I knew I was fat, but it wasn't a make it or break it factor of life and acceptance like now.

There was not internet showing me on a constant basis who I was supposed to be.

I was me, and I liked it.

What the heck happened?
 
STOP!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have found, though, that once I hit 50 I returned to some of that feeling of just being OK with being me. :-) - Sarah, stopping by from Five Minute Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have six years to wait on that. I'd be dead by then.

      Delete