The saying goes "the job's not finished until the paperwork's done." With this quest, finding areas of progress is essential. The number on the scale alone doesn't tell the full story. Other indicators paint a bigger picture.
- More reps than before.
- Faster times in 5k races.
- Further distances walked, ran or cycled.
- Lifting more weight.
- Trying new workouts and succeeding.
- Muscle development.
- Longer workouts.
- More vitality and less fatigue.
- Clothes getting looser.
- Fitting into "progress" wear.
- Less embarrassing photographs
When I look back over the things I've tracked, it gives me hope that I am making progress. It also shows me areas where I could improve. It may not be the most efficient tracking system, but it works.