Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lent Photo A Day 02: "Journey"

Taken in October 2015 on Chimney Peak Tower Road in Jacksonville, Alabama


















I used to hate the word "Journey." No, not because of Steve Perry (my fellow children of the 80's will get that one).  Anyway.  I didn't like the word because it sounded like such a cliché born in exclusivity.  I would go to meetings where we were encouraged to share our hearts, and one lady would always answer the same way, "I'm just continuing on my journey."  That was her way of not having to open up to maintain her air of superiority.  I'm still not comfortable with it, but I do know that in order to move forward, I must keep stepping forward.  Even when I am pushed back or chose to step back, I ultimately must keep going if I'm going to get to where God wants me.

Psalm 119:105 - Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment