Friday, February 12, 2016

Lent Photo A Day 03: "Examination"

I'm reading through the Bible this year.  Currently, I'm ploughing through the book of Leviticus.  Though I'm glad that I don't have to keep up with all these regulations, I do appreciate the details of examining for various skin diseases, mold, and other such uncleanliness.  God isn't just interested in a clean physical environment, but He's most interested in clean hearts.  The painstaking process required the priests parallels what the Holy Spirit does in our spirits.
 
Next Sunday (02/21), we are scheduled to partake of the Lord's Supper/Communion/Holy Eucharist.  I Corinthians 11:27-28 comes to mind:
 
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
 
Let this Lenten season be a time of self examination, renewal, and revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment