Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Morning Cigarette: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!

 
Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?
If budget allows, the Janney Furnace 5k on October 17.  I've never done this one before, plus I've only driven on Highway 144 through Ohatchee; I've not gone off the main road to visit any of the town.
Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why?
Food for the soul is what's gotten me in the shape I'm in.  I prefer music for the soul; it's less fattening.  An audiophile before I knew how to play or sing, music has been an integral part of all my living memory.  Whether it's an 80's rock anthem that gets my fist pumping in the air, or a powerful worship chorus that brings me to my knees, music has the power to motivate, comfort, and lift me up.
What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search?
My housemate and I have started doing a daily online crossword puzzle together.  I've had to research what some of the clues mean.  For example, yesterday we learned what a Jack in the Pulpit or Arum plant is.  It's akin to a Calla Lilly.

I've now entered into the world of the Smart phone--Lord, help us all--and I've learned how to use some of the features by doing an online search.
I'm always looking up words on dictionary.com.  Got to avoid those word crimes you know. No, I'm not posting the song again...at least this week :)
Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe.
I don't have a game day recipe.  However, I would like to learn how to make Rotel dip.
What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine?
  1. Wake up feeling well and with prayers of thanksgiving on my lips.
  2. Coffee or Earl Grey tea in my favorite mug.
  3. The Scriptures to comfort and guide me.
  4. The sound of nature from the open windows is all I hear.
  5. All of this is happening, of course, because it's the WEEKEND.  unfortunately, my weekday mornings are nothing like this.
What small thing have you taken note of today?
My doctor gave me a compliment today.  She congratulated me for being the only patient she saw today who didn't smoke.  Yes, I know I have other issues, but that isn't one of them...and it could have been.  Both of my parents were smokers.  My mom quit when I was in high school.  Unfortunately, my father didn't stop until he was on oxygen and my mom told him that he wasn't going to blow up her house.  Even then, he kept trying to find a way around it.  Smoking ultimately took his life 11 years ago. 
Sum up your September in seven words or less.
Can I get a mulligan for this?
Insert your own random thought here.
My new favorite song...

2 comments:

  1. I'm still a little surprised at how many smokers there still are, especially young ones. I hope you get to do your 5K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce

      Yeah, it still shocks me too. There was a young woman in the waiting room obviously very sick and coughing heavily with some sort of respiratory ailment. She got impatient waiting for the doctor, so she went out for a smoke. For the love!

      I hope to do the 5k also. I was all set for it, but just had a major repair done to my car. So, we'll see how the budget looks.

      Have a great week, and as always, thanks for reading.

      Delete