Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


Last thing you did on the spur of the moment?
I took a different route home from Anniston just for a change of scenery.  I took a Sunday drive on a Saturday.  I may do it again and go see the pretty spot on Cane Creek in Weaver.
How well informed do you feel about the current Syrian refugee crisis?
Because of the media's propensity to sensationalize rather than report, all I know about this is the horrible picture of the little boy who drowned.  And I'm not absolutely certain how the two are related.
What have you changed your mind about?
Recently?  I'm not sure.
Over the years, I've drastically changed my mind about money.  I took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University classes almost a decade ago.  The sound advice in those lessons caused a complete paradigm shift in my thinking.  I saw the it was possible to live without debt.  Those lessons still bring me comfort when I want to throw up my hands and quit. 
A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it's way into the pool trap this weekend. If you'd been sitting poolside would you have fished it out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued swimming?
I'd go get a glass of iced tea out of the kitchen and say, "Hey, I think there's a snake in your pool.  You might want to get that out of there."  **drinks tea and waits**
September 10th is National TV Dinner Day...what's your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!) 
A Banquet brand chicken pot pie.
 
Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, "Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other." Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What's the second greatest virtue?
I disagree.  Love is the greatest virtue to which all other virtues spring.  The Bible says that the greatest virtue is love (I Corinthians 13:13).  One who does not walk in love cannot display any other excellence of character.
What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell?
You want me to narrow it down to three?!  My problem isn't so much a set of words I always misspell, it's words I've heard pronounced incorrectly.  When I try to spell them like they sound, the letters are so far off that I have to look them up.  Dictionary.com is my friend and boon companion (as author Jan Karon would say).
Insert your own random thought here.
If you read my Daybook from Sunday, you know that depression is rearing its ugly head again, and it's not even winter.  Just keep me in your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you suffer from depression. Keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answer to the snake question. I wish I could be that calm - you wouldn't see me for dust! lol. I hope you're not feeling too down. Getting out and about like you did will hopefully help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs finds snakes interesting and when we spot one someplace he must get a closer look. Ugh! Sorry you're struggling...I will add you to my prayers this week.

    I'm trying to catch up a bit on last week's HP before next week rolls around!

    ReplyDelete