Sunday, June 28, 2015

The General Lee: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, June 28, 2015
 

Outside my window …  A cloudless lazy summer sky.  The Crepe Myrtles are in bloom.  I need to get down to the section of the Ladiga Trail that's lined with them.  I've not seen them in bloom.

I am thinking...   about this stupid thing on social media with people tagging random people in a RayBan add.  What is that about?  I'm also thinking about today's sermon.  It was a simple, direct message on combatting worry.  I can definitely be a worrier.  I'm much better than I used to be, but worrisome thoughts still overrun my mind more often than they should.  Lord, help my mind.

I am thankful...  for my mom.  Her 82nd birthday was this week.  She's still healthy and strong...and puts the fear of God into 3 generations. 



In the kitchen... Yes, I know I need to get back to my A-Z challenge. 
 
From the Workshop...   Here is the post from my sister blog I promised you about the process with my quilt-ghan. 

I've got a bunch of leftover squares from different unfinished projects that I'm trying to find a use for.  I'll let you know how that goes.
 
I am looking forward to...  Starting work.  I got a job this week.

A favorite quote for today... 

"You'll have many opportunities to fail in life; just don't take any." - Jesse Duplantis

One of my favorite things...  Sleep.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Work.  Celebrating Independence Day weekend.

A peek into my days... Not much going on this week.


And now for something totally different...

By now we are all well aware of the horrible news of the church shooting in South Carolina.  I'm not going to rehash the details of the carnage this young man left. The media is doing a good job of that instead of focusing on the victims and the unexpected peaceful response of the community. My rant is on the Powers that Be and their response to this display of evil.

The pure demonic nature of this criminal act is being overshadowed by the discovery of a picture of the alleged shooter sitting on his car, which sports a confederate (rebel) flag.  So, the call is not to fight the real root of the depravity, but to waste time on a piece of cloth.

First, I was born, raised, and still live in Alabama--"The Heart of Dixie."  I see confederate symbols  and memorials everywhere.  I've fussed about this crap before.  I also understand the concept of intent.  Yes, idiots who take this flag and use it as a symbol of hate should be ashamed of themselves (not to mention pummeled with a few shots with a Louisville Slugger--just to the point of bruising, not death), but I don't think you can include Bo and Luke Duke in that category.  That's right, now companies want to stop selling General Lee toys and to blur the flag on the top of the car in the rebroadcasting of the decades-old syndicated show.  This, dear friends, is what Oral Roberts called "ignorance gone to seed."

Second, do people really think that the kid never would have shot those nine innocent people if he'd never seen the rebel flag?  Are the Powers that Be really that stupid?  Another example of what Jesus said, "Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel" (Matthew 23:24).

Third, quite frankly, I don't give a rat's butt about the confederate flag, but I'm losing patience with stupidity.  Moving on.



From Facebook:  B.Shine shared:



 
From Facebook:  E.Renfroe shared:
 
 

From Facebook:  Nergasm shared:


From Facebook:  K.Griffing shared: 

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is too cute!! Happy belated birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete