Sunday, January 4, 2015

If We Are the Body: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, January 4, 2015
 

Outside my window … A beautiful end to a yucky week.  Had a great walk outside this afternoon with bright sun and moderate temperatures.  Reminds me of California...

I am thinking... about making some major changes in my life again.  Not sure how to go about though.

I am thankful... For two wonderful services at church today.  I hadn't really established the habit of going to the early service since the choir schedule changed, but I knew I needed to.  The first service gives me the opportunity to fellowship, worship and listen to the message without the distraction of work, and I can pour my energy into serving in the second service.  I can't promise I'll do it every Sunday, but to get there as much as I can is my goal.

In the kitchen...  Oh dear Lord, do we need to go there?  This has been a horrible food week for me with binge on top of binge.  I'll just keep trying to nourish myself.  That's all I can do until I get to the bottom of what's going on.

I am wearing... bedclothes.

I am creating...
Working on a quilt-type afghan.  I'm in a quilting club on Facebook.  While they make fabric quilts, I'm adapting them to crochet.   

I am going...  tomorrow?  To run a few errands.  Looks like all my workouts will be indoor this week.  Finally, we get through yucky, rainy week to be greeted by a sunny, yet frigid week.  Oh well.  I'll take sunshine over dreich any time.
 
I am wondering... where I can find a used Kindle that works.

I am reading... Big Girls Don't Whine by Jan Silvious.  Just an FYI--if you donate books for the Library, Thrift Store, or church yard sale to sell, don't write in them!  That's tacky.
 
I am hoping... for a better week all around.  I'm hoping to finish my quilt project. 

I am looking forward to...
the Anniston Runners Club banquet Saturday.  It's my first time to attend.
 
I am learning
… that the more I learn about Jesus, the more I love Him, the more I loathe religion and what it does to people.  Religion constantly tells people who they are not.  True Christianity shows people who they are in Christ.
 
Around the house... laundry, a little rearranging in the kitchen.  Nothing major.
 
I am pondering...  what can I do different this week to get a different result from this week?  Isolation doesn't work, but being in a room full of people feeling isolated by pain doesn't help either.
 
A favorite quote for today... 

"God did not give us local churches to become country clubs where membership means we have privileges and perks.  He placed us in churches to serve, to care for others, to pray for leaders, to learn, to teach, to give, and in some cases, to die for the sake of the Gospel." - Thom Reiner, qtd by Pastor Derek Staples.

"A part of the host will this year tarry on earth, to do service for their Lord. If this should fall to our lot, there is no reason why the New Year’s text should not still be true. "We who have believed do enter into rest." The Holy Spirit is the earnest of our inheritance; he gives us "glory begun below." In heaven they are secure, and so are we preserved in Christ Jesus; there they triumph over their enemies, and we have victories too. Celestial spirits enjoy communion with their Lord, and this is not denied to us; they rest in his love, and we have perfect peace in him: they hymn his praise, and it is our privilege to bless him too. We will this year gather celestial fruits on earthly ground, where faith and hope have made the desert like the garden of the Lord. Man did eat angels’ food of old, and why not now? O for grace to feed on Jesus, and so to eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan this year!" - Charles Spurgeon Morning by Morning p. 1-2

One of my favorite things... mandarin oranges.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   running errands, getting busy in the Workshop, studying, reading, getting in some good workouts.

A peek into my day...  I'd better quit while I'm ahead...or behind.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I hate it when people write in library books!! Why?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but sometimes I wish I could choke slam people who do that. :)

      Delete