Saturday, December 13, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 22


Had a very busy Saturday with so many things to be thankful for:

I am thankful for a small way to help others in big ways.  A couple of families in our church are raising money for foreign adoptions.  Today's pancake breakfast was a donate-at-the-door affair.  Any chance to help an unwanted child be placed in a loving home is an honor.


I am thankful for fellowship around the Word.  The Pastor of my home church has a "Coffee and the Bible" get together at Java Jolt Coffeehouse in JackVegas.  It's not a lecture/ sermon; it's a chance to have discussions about the Bible, ask questions, share prayer requests, and have a fun time drinking coffee, laughing, and talking.  Looking forward to the next time I can join in.



I'm thankful for another "fair" blood pressure reading.  Somebody really needs of fix this thing!  "Fair" my butt!



Mom's friends, Becky and Terry, had their daughter's wedding and reception tonight.  The wedding was sweet and the reception a riot. Just picture my 81 year old mother, the mother of the bride, and me dropping it like it's hot to Shake Your Booty and Brick House.  I'm thankful to have been a part of the fun.  I know it sounds silly, but getting out there and laughing and dancing (I'm using the term dance loosely) was a breakthrough for me.  I finally enjoyed myself to the full because I chose not to care about what people were thinking or whether I was too fat to be on the dance floor.  It's awesome to not be a wallflower for once.

Shake, shake, shake.  Shake, shake, shake....shake your...aw, go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment