Tuesday, December 2, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 11


Today, a big THANK YOU, LORD that the frog project is finished!


But wait, Mr. Frog is a frog prince.  Where is his crown?   Enter a new pretty spot on Highway 431 in Alexandria, AL...


My friend Deb H, who got me started on this whole frog adventure, works at Yvie's.  I'd never been there before or even heard of it.  It's a quaint little store that sells candles, pottery, and other pretty-pretties including--gasp--YARN.  I know, I should have taken pictures and petted the yarn, but I was on a mission.

Deb had the yarn for the crown, so I sat down and whipped it out right quick, attached it, admired my work, and told froggie goodbye.


I noticed the yarn I used for the crown was pretty small, but after working the first round or two, I was good.  It wasn't until I got home and researched the yarn I used that I found out it was size 10 crochet cotton.  Wow.


Why is this significant?  I thought I couldn't work with yarn that small.  I'd seen yarn like this in the store and dreamed of making doilies, bookmarks, snowflakes, and embellishments, but the tiny strands intimidated me.  Well, no more.  I shall now attempt to learn to work with it.  I'm so thankful God is smarter than I am.  He knows what I can do better than I can.

A childhood memory made me smile while finishing up the frog project.  I kept singing this song in my head while finishing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment