Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sweetums: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, November 9, 2014

Outside my window … A sky that's gotten dark way too early.  I hate the time change.

I am thinking... about the Christmas craft sale next weekend.  Quite frankly, I'm wigging out and I'm exhausted, but it will be worth it.

I am thankful... for pounds lost and for more pounds that will be lost.
 
In the kitchen...  I'm keeping it healthy but simple this week.

I am wearing... it's too early, but bedclothes.  Did I mention how much I hate the time change? 

I am creating...
 Christmas items for the sale.  The monthly senior dance is this week, so I'll need to paint something soon, like, tomorrow.

I am going...  Nowhere tonight.  I'm hoping to leave the house as little as possible this week.  It's going to be eat, sleep, crochet, and crochet some more until the sale.
 
I am wondering... if it normal to become more cynical or depressed when I'm tired.  That's been happening lately and it's bothering me.

I am reading...  Finishing up God is Not Mad at You by Joyce Meyer.

I am hoping... for a great work week.  I'm hoping that this craft sale will open up new opportunities and sales for me.

I am looking forward to...
the Christmas sale, donating blood next Monday, taking my girls out for a fun day before it gets too cold out, and helping serve dinner at St. Luke's Episcopal Church on Thanksgiving Day.
 
I am learning
… that apparently I expect too much out of leadership. That's probably why I'm not a leader.

Around the house... Nothing today.  After the sale, I hope to take a few days off so I can catch up on chores and do a little sprucing up around the house.
 
I am pondering...  on whether giving out sweet treats at the craft sale would be hypocritical.  I don't want to send the wrong message. 
 
A favorite quote for today... 

"The biggest cuss words in a craft show to say out loud is to say, “Oh I can do that myself!” You might as well just slap the vendor’s faces. It’s rude. It’s better to praise the effort as people who know how much time and creativity that is involved when you know how to do it." - Mikey from The Crochet Crowd

One of my favorite things... Verbatim blank CD's & DVD's.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Getting ready for the sale.  Working out.  Hopefully, I'll squeeze in a trip to the grocery store.

A peek into my day...  A sneak peek at a couple of creations for the sale.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment