Saturday, November 29, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 08


The first week of this photo blog is "in the books."  I am thankful to have made it through the first week.  Hopefully, I will find even more to be thankful for in the coming weeks.  It's getting a little difficult.

I spent most of today in the workshop working on Mr. Frog.  No, he's not quite finished yet, but almost.

The story won't be told here, but I've been a University of Alabama Crimson Tide football fan since I had to choose a side in high school.  Up to that point, I didn't care.  I am, however, thankful for the laughter and fun from today.  I was invited by my friend, Karen, and her family to watch the Alabama vs. Auburn game aka "The Iron Bowl,"  aka "The War of Auburn Aggression."  Yes, my team won the game (Roll Tide!), but even if the team had lost, I still would have enjoyed myself.


The funniest line of the night was from Karen's brother, Scot's girlfriend (forgot her name again).  She was drinking this Dos Equis beer (BTW--I had a Coke, thank you).  I'd heard the commercials for them with "the most interesting man in the world," but I'd never seen the actual drink.  Look, I'm an admitted Jeff Foxworthy-brand redneck; the fanciest beer I've ever seen is a can of Budweiser that hadn't been crushed on someone's forehead, run over by a pickup truck, or had cigarette butts pushed in it.  So, I said "Dos Equis?  That's mighty fancy, ain't it?"  She said, "Dos Equis doesn't use GMO hops.  If I'm going to drink a beer, then dammit, it's going to be a healthy one."  #Facepalm  A la Greg Burgess of the Rick and Bubba Show "#OhHellYeah."  I'm going to be laughing about that one for a while.

And on that note, I will say goodnight and Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment