Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Turns and Returns: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!
 

Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, "Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
No, I haven't yet.  I've been walking outside and I've seen the fallen leaves and pine straw on the trail.  I do plan to go to Cane Creek and see how pretty it is.  I might go up Mountain Street when I'm in JackVegas to see the fall colors there too. 
Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing "every time you turn around"?

Laundry.   
How hard is it for you to "turn the other cheek"?
I'm pretty good at forgiving others.  I'm not good at forgiving myself at all.  I'm just glad I don't treat others the way I treat myself.
When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?

I'll probably end up turning the house upside down looking for an item to finish a craft project.  I'm usually very organized, but I don't know where I put it. 
"One good turn deserves another."  Were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?
This is going to sound stupid, but I'm not sure what this question means.  So, I'll pass.
Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.
Red, definitely.  Seems like there's more good read fruit than the other colors.  Red grapes, strawberries, watermelon, cherries, cranberries, red apples...yum!
The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween...which "October" film is your favorite?

I've not viewed any of those films.  I would like to see October Baby but I haven't yet. 
Insert your own random thought here.
This is going to sound like a real pithy comment, but I was going to help with the church's fall festival this year.  However, they changed the name from "Fall Festival" to "Family Fest."  I guess I'm staying home.  I'm not crazy enough to think it was a personal dig at me, but all these changes to everything revolving around families and kids are hard for me to take.  Oh well.  I'll find a way to make my own fun or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment