Sunday, August 17, 2014

Over the Counter: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, August 17, 2014

Outside my window … a dark muggy night. We had a good downpour earlier.

Praising God for…  The indwelling presence of His Holy Spirit.
 
In prayer for...  My upcoming week, people I love, my needs and the needs of the church. 

I am thinking... about finding ways to complete more of my 101 in 1001 list.

I am thankful... for today's rain.
 
In the kitchen...  I'm siting in bed eating crackers right now.  I'm going to sleep soon.

I am wearing... Bedclothes.

I am creating...
 Not much this past week.  Hopefully, I'll feel more up to it this week.
 
I am going... to a doctor's appointment tomorrow and maybe to Hobby-Lobby.  Not sure about the rest of the week.
 
I am wondering... if I will ever stay well long enough to meet my fitness goals.  I was having a really good start to the week, then I woke up with some sinus thing that's held on for a week.  It's very hard to work out when I feel tired, achy, and zoned out from OTC sinus meds.  It's a pain in the butt...or nose.
 
I am reading... How to Have a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver.

I am hoping... to get well.  I'm hoping my appointment goes well tomorrow.  I'm also hoping I'll get some good sleep tonight.  I haven't slept well the past few days and have been too tired to do much during the day.

I am looking forward to...
getting back to my workout routine.
 
I am learning
… that yellow Gatorade is my friend.

Around the house... I did get the dry erase board and cork board hung.  I'm still wanting to work on the porch and detail my car. 
 
I am pondering...  not much.  I'm starting to shut down.
 
A favorite quote for today...  "You can always out eat any form of exercise." - Bill "Bubba" Bussey, the Rick and Bubba Show

One of my favorite things... Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup.  I need a case of it.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Whatever my body will allow me to do..

A peek into my day...  Just resting, move on, nothing to see here, people.

2 comments:

  1. I read the book by Joanna Weaver.

    I also have two of her other books (not sure how many she wrote)

    Lazarus Awakening (Joanna Weaver)
    Having a Mary Spirit (Joanna Weaver)

    I am visiting from The Simple Woman's Daybook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, how did you like them? I'm enjoying this one so far.

      Delete