Friday, June 20, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Release"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 

GO!

The first thing I thought of was the song "Release Me" by Engelbert Humperdinck (Anybody saying lines from The Princess Bride here?), but I LOATHE that song.  I had to listen to some old Michael Jackson tunes to wash it out of my brain. 

Release means letting go.  There are some things I'm not sure I can let go of.  There are old wounds that I've caused that I haven't yet found a way to make amends for.  There are old wounds in my own heart I would like to release, but situations keep coming up that rip away at the scar and open up the wound all over again.  So, it's back to recovery I go.

Things I want to release in my life.
  • People who don't love me or want me around, yet I keep trying to get them to.
  • The curse of poverty that seems to hang on my neck like a noose.
  • The body fat that is still attached to my body that reminds me of failure and self hatred.
  • Shame over a physical defect I keep trying to hide.
  • The need to please people who can't be pleased.
  • There's more, but I'm about out of time.
I wish I could get a bat and a bunch of baseballs, go to the batting cages, write these things on the balls, and whack the snot out of them over and over again to release the anger and disappointment behind each one.  Oh well, I don't own a bat or baseballs and have no idea how to load the ball machine.  I'd probably get beaned in the forehead.

FULL STOP!

8 comments:

  1. You can do that but even better might be going to the thrift store purchasing some old dinner plates, writing the words on them and then smashing them to bits!! Love your writing style keep up the fight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Feisty Mama's idea about the plates. Thank you for being so real about the struggle of releasing pain and negativity. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great analogy! could you write them on paper, crumple them up, and hit them with a paper towel insert?

    Won't you come visit my place when you get a chance? Visiting from the marvelous FMF community. Love, Traci Michele @ http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not violent enough. If I had a gun I'd shoot them off glass bottles.

      Delete