Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
The first thing I thought of was the song "Release Me" by Engelbert Humperdinck (Anybody saying lines from The Princess Bride here?), but I LOATHE that song. I had to listen to some old Michael Jackson tunes to wash it out of my brain. :P
Release means letting go. There are some things I'm not sure I can let go of. There are old wounds that I've caused that I haven't yet found a way to make amends for. There are old wounds in my own heart I would like to release, but situations keep coming up that rip away at the scar and open up the wound all over again. So, it's back to recovery I go.
Things I want to release in my life.
- People who don't love me or want me around, yet I keep trying to get them to.
- The curse of poverty that seems to hang on my neck like a noose.
- The body fat that is still attached to my body that reminds me of failure and self hatred.
- Shame over a physical defect I keep trying to hide.
- The need to please people who can't be pleased.
- There's more, but I'm about out of time.