Sunday, June 15, 2014

Caught in the Ceiling Fan: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, June 15, 2014

Outside my window … The quiet of a Sunday afternoon.  Blue skies with a few fluffy clouds floating by.  Busy bees buzzing.
 
Praising God for…  Shoes, teeth that don't hurt, a good Sunday school lesson, and a Father's Day church service that wasn't the usual "rippin' Dad a new one" message.
 
In prayer for...  I'm daily praying for those who don't know Him; that's God's goodness will continue to draw them to repentance (Romans 2:4).  In prayer for friends going through trials.  Praying that God's favor would rest on my craft business.

I am thinking...
about motherhood--more specifically I've been thinking about whether it's even possible that sometime in the near future I could actually become a wife and mother (in that order).   Then, if it is possible, could I even succeed at it?  You'd think that I would have blogged about this subject ad nauseam, but it's been in my thoughts

I am thankful...
for a roof over my head, for clothes and shoes, for a good dentist, for loving friends.
 
In the kitchen...  Not sure. 

I am wearing... Running shirt and capris that are getting a little tight.  Time to hit it hard again.

I am creating...
 Items for the workshop.  Working on some WIP's (Works In Progress) for charity.
 
I am going... I'm volunteering at Sav-A-Life tomorrow, then heading for the gym.  Band practice Tuesday and running various errands throughout the week.  Today?  I'm going to take a nap.
 
I am wondering... how does the squeaky wheel get the grease? 

I am reading...
 finishing up a book by Lewis Grizzard.  Going to start a new book tomorrow.

I am hoping...
that this is a good week.

I am looking forward to...
more changes.  Scary, I know, but I need to allow the changes to take place.
 
I am learning
… I still have many fears to conquer.

Around the house...
laundry and straightening up.
 
I am pondering...  God's love and grace.  I've said it before, but I need to ponder on it again.  We Christ followers have much grace for those who don't yet know Him, not as much for those who say they do, and absolutely none for ourselves.  that ought not be.  I am the worst of the lot.
 
A favorite quote for today...

"I just really feel like the pool counts as a bath for kids under 12. I mean, with the chlorine and all." - Beth Moore

One of my favorite things... Ceiling fans.  Oh my goodness.  My old place didn't have ceiling fans, so it was very hard to keep the place cool in the summer.  My new digs have ceiling fans and they are wonderful!  I actually get cold sometimes.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Working in the workshop this week.

A peek into my day...  I don't care if the lists aren't done and that I have a load of laundry to do, I'm relaxing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment