Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Thinking Like a Wuss: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge questions.


Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?
I do my best thinking in solitude.  Not necessarily physical solitude, but in an environment where my personal space is not invaded and I'm not distracted or disturbed by other people clamoring for my attention.  I think best when I've got a little music or background noise going; total silence is very disconcerting.  I'm better organized when I can write things down.  I know, I'm a strange bird.
Are you a risk taker? What's one big risk you've taken?
Not really.  I'm a wuss most times.  I hope to become more of a risk taker or my life is going to be exceptionally boring.
Some of the most common phobias according to the National Institute for Mental Health are-fear of spiders (arachnaphobia), snakes (ophidiophobia), heights (acrophobia), fear of spaces from which escape is difficult (agoraphobia), fear of thunder and lightening (astrophobia), fear of dogs (cynophobia), injections (trypanophobia), social situations, flying (pteromerhanophobia) and fear of germs and dirt (mysophobia). True phobias affect only about 10% of adults, but of those listed which would you rate as your greatest fear?
Really, none of these.  Maybe social situations?  Well, no.  Maybe
agoraphobia when it comes to elevators.  I'm not afraid of them,  but elevators creep me out.   The elevator at Sav-A-Life is the creepiest elevator I've ever seen.  I will only ride the lift when absolutely necessary.
Are you settled or do you feel the need to move somewhere new?
Well, I just moved and am trying to settle in.  I've still got my heart set on California, but I will make the most of where I am.
What is something you find annoying when dining in a restaurant?
I was just thinking about this yesterday when Susan and I ate at Courtyard Café in Gadsden.  Why in the heck are restaurants so stinking dark?!  When I enter an eating establishment, I'd rather not have to find my table by frisking the furniture like Patty Duke in The Miracle Worker.  I like be able to read the menu without a flashlight and see the food on my plate.  Sorry, that's not ambiance, it's a pain in the butt!
Daffodil yellow, sunset orange, spring green, or sky blue...your favorite color this time of year?
It's hard to pick a favorite.  I love the rainbow of colors God paints with in spring.  The green trees, the blue sky, the vast array of colors in flowers and blooming trees are all beautiful.
If you were going to take a holiday all by yourself, where would you go?
Y'all already know the answer to this one:  California, of course.  I'd do the touristy thing in San Francisco, go to a taping of the Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson in Los Angeles, attend church at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, and beach comb at Laguna or Malibu Beach.
Insert your own random thought here.
Thought I'd just share a funny with you this week.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I used to always want some background noise while I worked, but I guess I've gotten old : ) I like it really quiet now. Hope you get to Cali!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Joyce. Thanks for always being so supportive of my blog.

      Delete
  2. God bless you, Craig Ferguson fan!!! God should reward you for that!!!! My worst fear is that of HEIGHTS!!! I have nightmares----or daymares-----about falling or being about to fall from a great height. My hands sweat when I watch a "height" scene on TV. I SOO hope that your new home is the BEST for you!!!! The most annoying thing for me about dining out is....dining out. We do it because Howard wants to. I'm just hoping I won't get sick. I love you and am ALWAYS thinking about you. I'm serious. God bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete