Saturday, May 10, 2014

Slow News Day [30 Day Photo Blog]

You know how the news has the occasional slow day (like there's not enough murder, pestilence, and rotten politics to report on every day)?  Well, I had a slow day today.  Not slow in activity, just slow in photographic documentation.  I've given you fair warning, so here it goes.

Went to a new ladies' Bible Study/ discussion group out at Eagle Point Church today.  It was my first time with the group, and I really enjoyed it.  A unique feature of this study is that the leader occasionally presents a simple craft project to do.  I chose to make a decorative dry erase board.  All you need is an inexpensive frame, some decorative paper (scrapbooking pages, wrapping paper, etc), a dry erase marker, and pretty pretties to decorate the frame.  I think most of the supplies can be purchased a the Dollar Tree. 


I usually keep scrolling when my friends post pictures of food on social media.  In fact, I've threatened to post pictures of beer cans and fresh rolled doobies if they didn't stop posting recipes.  So I will now be a hypocrite and post a picture of the first "soul food" I've eaten in a while.  My new friend, Mrs. Etta cooked this scrumptious feat of veggies and corn muffins.   Hey, at least it's not on Facebook or Twitter.




I got my first piece of mail at my new digs today.  OK, now it's real.


The new creative center of Auntie's Workshop.
The board was in the trunk and I got the cork part wet.  Should
be dry by morning.

 
Hmmm. Maybe not such a slow news day after all.















No comments:

Post a Comment