Friday, May 2, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Mess"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
 
 
GO!
 
Many messes I can tolerate:  An unmade bed, dishes in the sink, a certain amount of dust.  Heck, after the mess my apartment became after more than a year of off and on depression, I guess I can handle anything.
 
Many messes I actually enjoy:  The mess left after Auntie has kidnapped her babies and we've played together all day.  The mess of paints and brushes after the successful completion of a painting.  The sweaty mess I become after a good workout.
 
However, there are some messes in my life that I can't stand.  I don't like messy people--meaning gossips who spread strife and lies.  I don't like looking like a "hot mess."  I definitely don't like messy webpages that are hard to read.
 
The worst mess of all is a messy life.  When my life was in such turmoil, I absolutely detested it.  I didn't like the mess that poor health choices left me.  Having a messy mind full of depression and self hatred is no place to be.  Having the voice in my head reminding me off all the messy decisions I've ever made was torture.
 
I'm extremely thankful that God can take all these messes and turn them into "messages."  I know it's a corny cliché, but it is also a solid truth.
 
TIME'S UP!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing corny about that at all. God is great!! I can't wait to look through your blog some more, great post.

    ReplyDelete