Saturday, May 31, 2014

Best of Show: The Simple Woman's Daybook [30 Day Photo Blog]

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Saturday, May 31, 2014

Outside my window … A cloudy sky canopying lovely green trees and the buds of summer flowers.  As I finish this, the blue sky breaks through.
 
Praising God for…  The restart of my craft business, being out of the hood, another year of life to celebrate, and the love of friends.
 
In prayer for...  Growth of the business.  Favor. Strength to hustle and get it done. My health.  As always, praying for those who don't know Him; that's God's goodness will continue to draw them to repentance (Romans 2:4).

I am thinking...
about anger.  Things are on an upturn, but I've had an undercurrent of anger brewing for a long time.  I know the Bible says "Be angry and sin not" (Ephesians 4:26), but I've been angry too often for too long.  I'm starting to become calloused and bitter about certain things.  Some days I feel like my hard work and following the rules garners little to no reward while others can play the "here's what I've been through/here's my hard story" card and get the moon on a silver platter.  When I was a young adult, I tried to play those cards and was severely chastised for "thinking the world owed me something."  I agree.  I simply want to fulfill God's call for my life.  I'm not asking for a pass (although that would be nice); I just want a chance.  OK, whining over.

I am thankful...
for my new digs, for friends, for God's creativity that flows through my hands  (was that one too much?)
 
In the kitchen...  Not sure.  I've got lots of veggies to enjoy, so it may be "hot mess" omelets and stir fry dishes for a few days.  I've got leftover cupcakes and ice cream from my birthday, so I may enjoy those for dessert tomorrow.

I am wearing... Tank top and shorts.  Hello summer.  :)

I am creating...
 Baby items, getting set up to make hand painted greeting cards, also working on my websites.  Hope to get it all done so that I can relax tomorrow.
 
I am going... I'm working today, but hope to get walk/run some miles in at the trail this evening.  Anybody got any Skin-So-Soft?
 
I am wondering... how does a woman succeed in life without having to lean on a husband/boyfriend yet maintain her integrity?  I want to complete my life's assignment, but I'm not going to lie, and I don't want to have to pine away waiting for Zorro to rescue me.  If he hasn't shown up by now, he isn't going to.

I am reading... Sunday school materials.  We're studying Ezekiel and Daniel this quarter.  It's going to be a deep one. 

I am hoping...that I get everything done today so I can have some relaxing fun tomorrow.

I am looking forward to... Growth in every area of life.
 
I am learning… new things every day.

Around the house... laundry and straightening up.
 
I am pondering...  amends I need to make to my family  As I continue to soul search in my recovery, I realize I've caused my family a lot of hurt.  I don't know how to make amends for it.  I cannot erase my very existence...well I can, but I'm not interested in that.  I guess moving away was a good start.  No, it's not that far away, but it's a start.
 
A favorite quote for today...

Dr. Henry Cloud:  Usually, less flashy means less pain in the butt.
Me:  You talking people or underwear?
Dr. Henry Cloud:  yes!

One of my favorite things... Tissues that don't have lotion in them.  Ever tried cleaning your glasses with a tissue you didn't know had lotion in it?  Better 1 or....eww!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Chores and working in the workshop today.  Church and hopefully a day of relaxing fun tomorrow.

A peek into my day...  Some of the best photos from the 30 day photo blog challenge.  I really enjoyed this and may do it again in a few months.





From May 1
  

From May 3

From May 4

From May 6


From May 11

From May 12
 


From May 19
From May 21

From May 24
 
From May 26

 
From May 27


From May 28

From May 29
 
From May 30
 

No comments:

Post a Comment