Friday, April 25, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Friend"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
 
 
GO!
 
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
 
Proverbs 18:24 (KJV)
 
Trust.  Real friendships are about trust.  Jesus said in John 15:14 "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."  This is not some bully saying, "I'll only be your friend if you do what I tell you."  No, insecure teenage girls do that.  To me, what Jesus was saying is, "Hey, if you do life the way I do it, then you trust me enough to call me friend."
 
It's a horrible feeling to not be trusted.  Whether it's with bosses or coworkers, or friends.  Sadly, I have betrayed the trust of some friends and vice versa.  It hurts like all get out when it happens.  It's a beautiful thing when that trust is restored.
 
I love my friends, whether they be face-to-face friends I see in person, or my social media associates I've never seen "in the flesh."  It's just wonderful to finally have people in my life that I can trust to share my heart with.
 
My favorite friendship song is Friend of God by Lakewood Live.  (video below).
 
My least favorite?  Friends are Friends Forever by Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant.  Church youth group bullies used that song for exclusion purposes and I absolutely loathe it!  (no video below--I love y'all too much for that). 
 
TIME'S UP!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment