Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Live Like No One Else: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Outside my window …  a warm day fading into a nice cool evening.
 
I am thinking...  about taking a nap. 

I am thankful...
for the mind and ability to be creative.

In the kitchen...
  groceries!  Yes, I finally made it to the store.

I am wearing... tank top and workout pants.

I am creating...
a fall wreath and a painting or two.

I am going... nowhere now.  There's been a miscommunication lack of communication about the location of band practice tonight.  I'm not getting caught in the JHS Bermuda Triangle again.
 
I am wondering... what’s the next step, Lord? 

I am reading...
Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs.

I am hoping...
that breakthrough comes soon.

I am looking forward to...
One-derland.

I am learning
… that trying to induce vomiting is NOT the answer.

Around the house... nothing today.

 I am pondering...   on something Dave Ramsey posted on Facebook today: 
 
Photo: Get more wisdom and money advice at http://daveramsey.com

O.K. so how do I go about that?  When one piece of my dream hinges on another piece, how do I start?  I'm tired of just begging God to please give me a job; I want to ask for the right job in the right place with the right people, salary, hours, benefits, etc.  I have so many ideas swilling around in my head, but no way to implement them.  How do I make my dreams a reality?  Who can I trust to share what I believe are hopes and dreams that come from God without fear of ridicule, or worse yet enduring well meaning people who try to talk me out of doing anything extraordinary?
 
Proverbs 13:12 - Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

A favorite quote for today... “If broke people are making fun of your financial plan, you're on the right track."  Dave Ramsey
 
One of my favorite things... hats.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Choir practice tomorrow. stitch night Thursday, CR on Friday.  More job hunting.  More prayer...

A peek into my day...  Here's a picture of the baby blanket I finished yesterday:
 
School Bus Cuddle Quilt
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! that blanket is a knockout! Have you ever thought of starting an Etsy shop? It could give you a focus and some income while you're looking for the right job. (I found you through Simply Woman's Daybook)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. Yes, I did have an Etsy and Internet craft business last year, but it was shut down due to unforeseen circumstances. Sadly, I'll have to move before I can start it again.

      Delete
  2. That blanket is AMAZING!!!! You are so talented! I hope that you have a good week with good health!!

    ReplyDelete