Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cheeto Bump: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Outside my window …  a cloudy breezy day.  I hope it rains. 

I am thinking...  about yet more improvements I need to make on myself.  I took a blue chip at CR last Friday for a different problem.  I'm still, of course, working my recovery from food addiction, but I've got another big hangup I need to focus on.  It's not new, but the time to conquer it is NOW. 

I am thankful...
for humor and laughter.

In the kitchen...
  keeping it extremely light today.

I am wearing...
tank top and shorts. (Why do they ask this question?)

I am creating...
blankets, blankets, and more blankets.   

I am going... I've already been to the community center to walk.  Plan on going back tonight after community band practice.  I'll probably pick up a gallon of milk on the way home.

I am wondering... why?  Why does it seem that every door for me right now is closed?  I am under so much pressure to get to a certain place in my life.  I want to get there, but there are so many roadblocks keeping me from them.  I'm 41 years old and still living like a broke college student who doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up.  It's pathetic, and painfully depressing.

I am reading...
The Art of Prayer by Kenneth Hagin.

I am hoping...
that winter will not be a harsh one for me.

I am looking forward to...
the Gamecock Gallup 5k in two weeks.

I am learning
… that I need to go back to what works.  There were things I was doing in my life that worked.  Why on earth I stopped doing them, I don't know. 

Around the house... Finish the laundry, clean the bathroom.

I am pondering...   ???

A favorite quote for today...  "Look, the point is, I already know how to eat better; we all do.  Honestly, is there anybody out there that doesn't know how they should eat?  It's pretty simple; you eat more vegetables and fewer snacks that are covered with orange dust.  Ah, sweet, delicious orange dust.  I like to rub it on my gums like fluorescent cocaine.  Oooh, I need another Cheeto bump!"  - Craig Ferguson  (man, now I'm craving Cheetos)

One of my favorite things... flavored apple sauce.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  same old, same old.

A peek into my day...  Just catching up on a few things...and thinking.  

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment