Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 30: Do You Remember the Time...

Blog challenge is from Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine
 

Day 30:  List five things you would hope to be remembered for.
  • Well, first off, I hope when I shake off this mortal coil that I'll be remembered at all.  Hopefully, I will have lived a life worthy of being remembered for exactly what it was:  A life lived so that the preacher doesn't have to lie at my funeral.  
     * My love for Jesus.   
Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV) - Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
  • My love for people.  This would include creativity and everything that goes with it.
I John 4:7-8 (KJV) - Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 
  • Keeping the laughter going.
Nehemiah 8:10 (KJV) - ...for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
  •  Keeping the praise rocking
Psalm 150 (MSG) - Hallelujah! Praise God in his holy house of worship, praise him under the open skies; Praise him for his acts of power, praise him for his magnificent greatness; Praise with a blast on the trumpet, praise by strumming soft strings; Praise him with castanets and dance, praise him with banjo and flute; Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum, praise him with fiddles and mandolin. Let every living, breathing creature praise God! Hallelujah!
It didn't ask this, but here are some of the songs I might want played at my life celebration.  And, no, I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon...and I may change my mind by the time I get old--I'll probably want stuff more rocking than this!   :)

Untitled Hymn by Chris Rice
 
Gospel Ship by Mylon & Broken Heart
 
In Freedom by Hillsongs
 
Trading My Sorrows by Darrel Evans
 
Ready, Willing, and Able by Petra
 
Revelation Song by Kari Jobe


No comments:

Post a Comment