Saturday, October 5, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 05: Happy Happy, Joy Joy

Blog challenge is from Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine

Day 05:  What are the 5 things that make you happiest right now?
  • Music - Whether listening to it or playing it, music brings me great joy. Music is what boosts me to new levels in my workouts.  Music is what God often uses to speak to me.  He also uses the music that flows from my fingers to minister to others.
  • Words - Whether they are spoken, flashing on the computer screen or in those papery-blog things called books, good words make me happy.  I find joy in other's writing and I love when others find joy and encouragement in the words that I share.  My words aren't always happy-go-lucky, but even in my struggles others can find joy in discovering how not to be.
  • Beauty - I'm endeavoring to find beauty around me and to create more beauty for myself and others.  Notice I didn't say anything about my own beauty.  I'm still hunting for that.
  • Health - Yes, I know I've been sick and I'm not at my health goals yet, but I'm (for the most part) enjoying the journey.  Meeting my goals brings me joy.  Getting stronger brings me joy.  Running faster and farther brings me joy.
  • Hope - "this too shall pass."  I'm glad that my present situation is not permanent.  The good old days are on the way; they haven't passed by!

2 comments:

  1. Words ARE of comfort!!! You're RUNNING now, when you didn't even in your 20's!!! I'm glad you still strive to find things of beauty in this chaotic world. You MUST inspire so many!!! You inspire me.....I just need to get off my butt...TY!!!

    ReplyDelete