Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bipolar Winter: The Weekly Hodgepodge

 
Shout out to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge uestions.


When it comes to good manners, what two top your list of most important?
Showing respect and saying please, excuse me, and thank you.
Let's open a proverbial can of worms...Common Core.  Are you familiar with the term (talking education reform in the USA)?  If so, care to share your thoughts? In your opinion, what is one of the biggest issues schools (in your home country) face today?
Don't have any idea what it is.  I've just heard my friends who are teachers or who homeschool their children talking about it.  So, I have no opinion on the subject.  To me, the biggest issue facing our schools is the government's interference with the learning process.  Political correctness has infiltrated our schools and demanded that teachers merely cram facts into students instead of stimulating learning.  I wouldn't teach public school for anything in the world.
Name a celebrity whose fashion sense you admire and share why.
(Please remember that the question said fashion sense...)  Oprah Winfrey.  No mater what size Oprah is, she is always beautiful and always dressed like a winner.  I should do the same.
How are you affected by the changing seasons?
The transition from winter to spring always brings a pep to my step.  The days are longer and warmer.  It's great. I love spring, summer, and early fall.  Right now we are hurdling toward winter--shorter and colder days.  I'm already feeling the icy grip of depression curl its tendrils around my heart.  I thought I could head it off at the pass, but my body is already suiting up for depressive mode.  I've been sleeping too much, eating too much, having to force myself to leave the house, being cold and bundled up in bed when it's 70 degrees outside, headaches, and being achy all over.  My mind is trying to follow.  I hate this time of year.
Scariest book you've ever read?
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.  I was forced to read this mess in 11th grade.
What time of day are you most hungry? What's your go-to snack?
Mid afternoon.  I'm trying to stop going for the caffeine and sugar and choose something else, or nothing at all.
Do you lean more towards being too needy or too independent? Which do you find harder to deal with in others?

Both.  Wait, how can it be both?  Well, it CAN!  I know in my heart that I am too needy, but at the same time, I act too independent.  I don't state fully what I need or want, so I'm left high and dry a lot.  When I do try to state what I need or feelings, I feel very needy and clingy.  You see, THIS is why I never take personality quizzes; I always register as schizophrenic.   I really don't have time to be upset about someone else's neediness or independent spirit.
Insert your own random thought here.
Need a laugh?  I know I do.  How about a game of Freeze Tag?

2 comments:

  1. In Cold Blood was a terrifying book. That story has stayed with me too, and I read it decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought is was rather cruel what we had to read as juniors in high school. We had to read The Grapes of Wrath too. Geez.

    ReplyDelete