Saturday, July 27, 2013

Miss You Much: 30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 19

What Do You Miss?  [Blog Challenge:  Day 19] 
  • I miss the contentment of being single.  I'm still single, but I'm not content anymore.  Must be drugs.  :)
  • I miss my friend, Evangeline Pate, who introduced me to Christ.  I haven't seen her since we were in high school.  She's also the reason I wanted to learn to play drums.
  • I miss my Thunderbabies from Jacksonville Christian Academy.  They grow up so fast.  I still can't get over it that the first preschool class I taught are all getting their driver's licenses and picking colleges.  Wow.
  • I miss my dad.
  • I miss watching Braves baseball games.  It's something my dad and I used to do together.  For several years after his death, I couldn't watch any of the games.  Now, I'm emotionally ready to watch them on a regular basis, but don't yet have access.
  • OK, let's just say it.  I actually miss having cable.  There, I said it.
  • I miss some of the "old" songs we used to sing at church, the way we sang them. When most people hear me talk about "old" songs at church, they think of hymns.  No, I'm talking about the songs we did in the 80's and 90's.  Stuff by Darrell Evans and Rich Mullins and songs that were just direct quotes from scripture.
  • I miss getting real mail:  letters from friends instead of bills and junk mail.
  • I really miss California.
  • I miss my book collection that I had to sell in the midst of a "temporary poverty" as Louisa May Alcott would say.
  • I miss getting my hair done professionally.  It's been nearly a decade since I've been able to do that. 
  • Did I mention how much I miss my dad?
  • I miss my musician friends from years past.  They are still living close by, but because of changes in our lives, we don't hang with each other anymore.  What's with that?
  • I miss marching band.  I know I'm in the community band, and it's great, but it's not the same.  I still feel like I left something unfinished back there, especially my time with the Marching Southerners.
  • I miss singing with friends for the fun of it.  Not to practice something we have to do, just for fun and laughter with no pressure on it.
  • I miss having my own keyboard.  The musical kind.  Dr. Fields would have a hissy fit if she could see that my piano skills have gone to the toilet.  But on the upside, I play bass and drums like a boss!  :)
  • I miss decorating. Man, I need to MOVE!
  • I miss spending time with my nieces and nephews.  They are all grown and have kids of their own.  Now, I must spoil the next generation.  :)
  • I miss my craft business.
  • I miss being able to give gifts and blessing those struggling at Thanksgiving and Christmas time.  Hopefully, things are on the turn around so that I'm not the struggling one anymore.
  • I just plain miss having fun!
One of those "old" songs from the 90's we used to sing at church.

{I'm linking up with So, Funny Story http://ktslifeisfunny.blogspot.com for this 30 day  blog challenge.}

No comments:

Post a Comment