Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Squat Challenge: Day 1

I saw this poster on the net and thought about taking up the challenge for the month of June:



Anyone want to take the challenge with me?????

Here's a video that shows proper form and different types of squats:

 
 
Also, here's a song to get you inspired.  :)
 
 

 
If you do take up the challenge with me, please make sure you use proper form (reminder to self).  If you cannot do the assigned number all at once, break it up into segments.  If the challenge is too easy, add weights, or do the variations of the exercise presented in the video.  If you have a regular fitness routine, this is merely a supplement to it, not a replacement for it.  Have fun, and let me know how you are doing.
 
I posted the whole poster for up front, but will be posting daily updates.  Let me know how you're doing, anything you learn along the way, or any good words or songs to inspire (keep it reasonable).  Let's do this together.  Let's get 'er done!
 
...and GO!

2 comments:

  1. I did the challenge and was up to day 8 and blew my knee out. I have been barely able to walk and had to go to the doc because of swelling under my knee. I was doing them the right was too. Can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete