Saturday, June 1, 2013

Swimming Without Drowning: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Saturday, June 1, 2013

Outside my window …  the pleasing sound of my new butterfly wind chime.   I hope the cloudy sky means rain.

I am thinking...
 about swimming.  I know how to swim and not drown, but I want to learn how to really swim.  I remember watching someone swim at the YMCA years ago.  She had such rhythm and swam lap after lap after lap.  I’ve got a friend who knows how to swim like that.  She said she would teach me, I think I’ll try to get together with her this week.

I am thankful... for such an awesome week.

In the kitchen...
 Had my loaded omelet thing this morning.  I plan to have fruit and yogurt for lunch, and my salsa chicken salad for dinner.

I am wearing...
Tank top and workout capris.

I am creating...
Working on a baby blanket, a crocheted tank top, and painted flower pots.

I am going... to Wal-Mart to look around later.

I am wondering...
about why I always need to know why.  Maybe it came from working with small children for so long.

I am reading...
I’m almost finished with Dr. Henry Cloud today called 9 Things You Simply Must Do. 

I am hoping... that this is the month of breakthrough.

I am looking forward to...
the Independence Day concert on July 3rd at the stadium.  I’m playing with the community band.  I just hope I don’t get yelled at by the “parking attendant” this year.  Surely since I’m a part of the show, I can actually get in this time.  There’s a first time for everything.

I am learning
… that necessity really is the mother of invention.

Around the house... Already got my chores done—HA!

I am pondering...   on our Sunday school materials.  We are going to be studying the books of Job and Ecclesiastes.  I don’t have a problem with Ecclesiastes.  But Job?  I’ve never like that book because it seems to make Job out to be the good guy and God out to be the bad guy.  I know that’s not true, but still….

A favorite quote for today... “If you’re going to act like a turd, go lay in the yard!” - Unknown

One of my favorite things... butterflies.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Church on Sunday, Doctor’s appointment and Sav-A-Life on Monday.  Workouts, job hunting, and band practice, yay!

A peek into my day...  well, a peek into my birthday.  My Sunday School class threw me a birthday dinner at our local Mexican restaurant (where the food is awesome and the men are muy caliente) and it was awesome.  I am so blessed.



If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful and so full of joy! I love that they did that for you. Love it!! I'm glad you had such a nice birthday. Keep on keepin' on :)

    ReplyDelete