Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Workout Wednesday: Tips, Tools, and Reveiws

Product: Leslie Sansone’’s Punch Up Your Walk. DVD with weighted gloves.

Where bought/available: Bought at Wal-Mart.
 

Why: Wanted to try something new from the author.
 
I bought this video more than a year ago, but never really got into it until now.  As in my first review of one of Leslie Sansone’s products, I wanted a simple alternate workout, plus the weighted punch gloves caught my eye.  I took a cardio kickboxing class ages ago and liked it, so I thought this would be something like it.  Here’s hoping...
 
Rating (on a scale of 1-4 smileys):  J
 
The Good:
  • The walking moves in this video are similar to the Walk Away the Pounds Express video, but not identical.  The added punch moves add to the intensity.
  • The gloves themselves: these gloves are about 1 pound each, so they aren’t too light or too heavy.   She does give the warning not to fling your arms and risk injury.
  • The author’s attitude: I don’t call her “Miss Perky” for nothing.
 The Bad: 
  • The chatter: I know, I know.  In my last review I said that the chatter was annoying, but not a distraction.  Well, this time it is a total distraction.  She yacks and giggles so much through this video that she doesn’t give instructions to change moves in time.  In her other video, she yammered, but still gave verbal cues of what the next move was and when to start and stop it (for the most part).  You know, “do such-and-such move in 4-3-2-1.  Yackety, yack, yack, yack.  Giggle, giggle, giggle.”  Not so for this one.
  • The music: To quote comedian Greg Proops, “The music sounds like it was written by an appliance.”  Sorry, but y’all know I’m music sensitive.
  • It’s not four miles: She starts the stretches before the last mile is over (plus she doesn’t tell you that they are starting).
I cannot recommend this video.  It was thoroughly annoying, and clumsily done.  I do like the punch gloves, so I use them on her “stretchie band” workouts on the Walk Away the Pounds Express Video. 
 
If any of you have used this DVD, tell me what you think.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment