Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday Inspirations and the Stinkin' Thinkin' Challenge, Week 02

A little mojo for the day:
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn

"There's no such thing as luck.  Luck is preparation that meets up with opportunity."  - Rush Limbaugh

"If anybody tells you that a workout should be easy, you should walk over to them and slap them in the face." - Billy Blanks

Take back your life so your life isn't taken from you.  --Biggest Loser Season 12, episode 4.

Better to have a big goal and reach half of it than to have no goal and reach all of it. -- Joyce Meyer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I learned from last week's Stinkin' Thinkin' Challenge:

I struggle with the question of "earning the right" to be loved and cared for.  After all, I've not done anything spectacular or heroic to garner that type of care and concern.  However, as I read John 1:12 (NIV), I caught the phrase "... he gave the right to become children of God."  Did you catch that?  He, Jesus, gave us the RIGHT to become children of God. His love, his care is a free gift, ready for us to open and enjoy.  In other words, I don't have to earn the right to love and care; Christ GAVE me that right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the Stinkin' Thinkin' challenge for the week:

Write on Side one of your card/paper:

“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." - John 15:15

Side two of card/paper:

 I am Christ's  friend!

Read over this several times a day for the next week, and let God speak to your heart. Please feel free to share any insights, questions, or prayer requests you may have in the comments.  


(Listen and receive)

No comments:

Post a Comment