Sunday, June 24, 2012

The IRON in Iron Diva

So what does the term Iron Diva mean?  I got inspired by a Facebook friend’s group of workout buddies.  They called themselves the Iron Divas, and she gave me permission to use it (thanks J-ro).  The IRON stands for:

Iron: As Iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.  Proverbs 27:17 (NLT)

I           I am
R         Recovering
O         One Day at a Time
N          No Turning Back

I am:  Knowing who you are in Christ is vital to obtaining and maintaining total spiritual, mental, and physical health.  (John 1:12)

Recovering:  We are only as sick as our secrets.  We all have hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Until we deal with them, we cannot effectively help others. (II Timothy 2:25-26)

One Day at a Time: I have a problem with being an “all-or-nothing” girl.  God constantly reminds me that Jesus took care of the past and the His word promises me a blessed future and I can only live one day at a time. (Hebrews 3:13)

No Turning Back:  Never let go.  Never give up.  God says you’re worth it. (Ephesians 1:6).

Which part of the IRON do you need sharpening in?  What is your plan to “sharpen the IRON”?

No comments:

Post a Comment