Sunday, December 24, 2023

Days 31 & 32: A White Christmas Eve [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

Days 31 & 32

I'm grateful for:

  • Cards on the wreath and gifts under the tree.  I never assume to be thought of at holiday time, so it's aways a fun surprise to receive gifts and cards.
  • The wonderful stories I've read nearly Christmas season since I've been in Colorado.  I've already reread A Quiet Little Woman (a collection of Christmas-themed short stories by Louisa May Alcott), and A Christmas Carol by Dickens.  I'm currently in the throws of Shepherd's Abiding by Jan Karon.  I've not tired of these wonderful stories yet.  They seem to boost my hope and faith in the true meaning of Christmas each time I read them.
  • A new story that I've added to my Christmas reading list:  The Best Christmas Pageant  Ever by Barbara Robinson.  Miss Joyce mentioned it in the Hodgepodge a couple of weeks ago and I decided to read it.  It's meant as a children's story, but there so much within for adults to learn about avoiding turning Christmas into a seasonal fable that everyone should know.
  • Though I'm missing services because of it, a white Christmas Eve.  Yes, I know I'm hardly ever thankful for snow and the inconvenience it brings, but because of a large construction fire across town, we've had several days of smoke, dust, and haze in the air.  The moisture will freshen the air.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment