Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Salty Dog: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!

July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? Any desire to visit or make a return trip? Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure? 

I've not yet been to Hawaii, but I think I would really enjoy it if I did go.  I like pineapple and mango, but I'm not sure if I've ever had guava.  Sounds good.

Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? Explain. 

This fall, I will be thrown into the deep end of adjunct teaching at CCU.  My only previous teaching experience has been with preschoolers or adult Bible study participants, so this is all new to me.  I'm excited, but nervous at the same time.

Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer? 

Well. since I don't normally have opportunities to go to the beach, I can't really answer this question.  If budget was not an obstacle, I would love to get together with friends here and in Alabama and go down to Orange Beach for a girl's getaway.  That would be awesome and I would enjoy it all.

Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way.

I've been in a creative slump lately, so as of right now most things feel like pounding sand. This is the first time this month that I've published a blog post or started a new creative project.  Not sure where the "blockage" is--I've got tons of ideas, but not much energy to carry them out.

On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were your parents? If you're a parent where on the scale do you land? 

I'd say five out of ten.  My parents had definite rules and expectations of behavior.  However, they weren't overly strict.  In all fairness they didn't have to be because I was they type of child who wanted to please and not rock the boat.  I only a had a VERY brief rebellious phase of attention-seeking bad behavior.  When I got the type of attention I didn't want, I straightened up pretty quickly. 

Insert your own random thought here.

In case you missed it:  

*My last Hodgepodge post, "Cutie Patootie," is here.
*My latest Five Minute Friday post "Quiet" is here.
*My latest Simple Woman's Daybook "Junior Asparagus," is here.
*My latest Auntie's Workshop post "Finishing and Fixing II" is here.
*My latest 2021 Flip and Sip Reading Challenge review of Love Does  is here.

4 comments:

  1. My sisters are talking more and more about a sisters weekend. A beach would be a nice destination. Hope you can plan that trip with friends to Orange Beach. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you back. We have friends who go to Orange Beach every year and love it. I've never been to that part of the state. Good luck with your teaching assignment. Sounds exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Joyce. Even though I'm from Alabama, I've never been to Orange Beach, but would really like to go, just not alone. It seems like it wouldn't be as fun (or safe) without friends or family with me.

      Delete