Monday, January 14, 2019

Put the Lotion in the Basket: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
 

 
For Today:  Monday,  January 14, 2019

Looking outside my window  

Again thankful to live in a place where winter isn't ugly.
 
I am thinking... 

My brain is still being choked by mucus, so there's not much deep thought going on right now.

I am thankful...   
  • ... to be on the mend.  I've had some kind of sinus/cold thing that had me down for the count.  I'm not 100% yet, but I'm back to work.
  • ... that the maintenance crew at the apartment complex did such a good just clearing the snow and ice from the parking lot.  In the past, they haven't and there's a big difference.  Thanks, y'all.
  • ... that I've finally taken down all my Christmas decorations.
  • ... for lotion and Chapstick.
    

From the Workshop... Working on some baby items and painting projects.  More to come.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen:  Recently, I got back to the 2015 Blog  Challenge and completed letter Q.

I am reading...
  • Unshakable:  365 Devotions for Finding Unwavering Strength in God's Word. by Christine Caine.  This is a year-long commitment, so I will not list it in every Daybook.
  • Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
  • The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. 
  • Come Before Winter and Share My Hope by Charles Swindoll
Books I've finished since my last Daybook:
  • The Law of Happiness by Dr. Henry Cloud.  Please see my review here.
  • Waiting for the Word by Malcolm Guite.  Please see my review here.

Favorite quote(s) of the week
 
"God took all the commands and laws and summarized them into two critical points:  love God and love others.  That's because His love in us heals and transforms us--and His love through us heals and transforms the world around us." - Christine Caine, Unshakeable (Devotional), p. 6

"All achievement--all earned riches--have their beginning in an idea." - Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich, Introduction.

"Waffles are just pancakes that went to college." - Grace Helbig, Not Too Deep podcast, 09/04/14.

I am looking forward to... 
  • Completing unfinished projects and trying new ideas.
  • Getting my new glasses.  It's been a while since I've had a new pair.

And Now For Something Totally Different:

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  "Better."


 





 
 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Those were great cartoons and graphics that you shared--just the right amount of cheeriness that I needed for tonight! I am glad I'm your neighbor over at the Link-up this month. I hope you will be well very soon, and that the virus will leave your system. Blessings to you this New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your daybook! You made me chuckle when I read, "My brain is still being choked by mucus…" I know the feeling. Get well soon. We could be in a book club together; I've enjoyed many of the books you mentioned. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. What's on your "to read" list? We may be able to have some fun discussions about them.

      Delete