Friday, January 11, 2019

Five Minute Friday: "Better."




I hate being sick.

With a decade of preschool teaching experience, I have a bionic immunity system and rarely get sick.  I should be OSHA and HAZMAT certified in dealing with cooties.

Yet, here I am on the couch, profusely blowing my nose between naps and internet videos, hoping to feel better.

It started the week before Christmas.  I had some kind of drainage and hacking cough situation that lingered through the holiday.  By the time the new year rolled around, I was feeling great.  I go back to work Monday, and bam, a slight sinus headache turns into a big ball of snot trying to choke the life out of me.  I tried to power through if and not miss work, but I had no energy for it today.

I wish the guilty feeling would get better.  I just got back from vacation and I'm already out sick.  It's just not right.

So here's to hoping that all this rest pays off and that Monday will be the start to a better week.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for your health, Shannon, and delighting in your artistry with words!

    #2 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/01/your-dying-spouse-566-sense-of-wonder.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinus problems, although I don't get them often, are just the worst. Gotta take the right meds (and/or see the doctor) to get it knocked out. Some OTC meds do nothing for them. So sorry you're puny. Hope you feel loads better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took some OTC meds to get things flowing so I could breathe at night and sleep. I spent the weekend sleeping. I am feeling much better. I'm not 100% yet, but I did go back to work today.

      Delete