Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Hold My Pie and Watch This: The Wednesday Medley


Thanks to Terri from
Your Friend From Florida
for the Medley questions.

NATIONAL PIE DAY

National Pie Day is celebrated annually on January 23rd. (Not to be confused with March 14 which is PI p Day.) National Pie Day was created simply to celebrate the pie. It is a day for all to bake or cook their favorite pies. Even more importantly, it is a day set aside for all to enjoy eating pies! The first pies appeared around 9500 BC in the Egyptian Neolithic period or New Stone Age.

Okay, fess up. Tell us your top three favorite pies, please. Will you have some pie today?

No, I don't think I'll be having any pie today. My three favorite pies are:
  • Sweet potato pie.
  • Peanut butter pie.
  • Chicken pot pie.

While we are talking about food... are you a picky eater or are you ready to try almost any new food? What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?

I'm not a particularly picky eater. When I was growing up, our only menu choices were "take it" or "leave it," so there was no room for pickiness. It's hard to pick a worst food since I've eaten some very strange fare . Let's just say, there are foods I hope to never eat again. I am, however, learning to try new food.

Baking could be considered an art as could cooking. How do you define art?

Art is something done with skill, joy, and flair. Just as with its other forms, the palatability of art is in the eyes of the beholder and the partaker. I've seen some artfully presented food to which the taste didn't match up. I've also prepared some ugly food that was quite tasty.

Tell us a really stupid joke that made you laugh, please.

From Good Mythical Morning, episode 1278.1

Rhett: "Shall we sing first?"
Link: "Sure."
Rhett: Sings "Fiiirrrst!"

I've seen this episode multiple times, and I still chuckle at that part.

January 23rd is also National Handwriting Day. Do you have nice handwriting? Did cursive writing come naturally or did you practice in those double-lined practice books until your fingers hurt?

My handwriting isn't calligraphy material, but it doesn't look like a doctor (or a chicken on caffeine) wrote it either. I learned cursive in either 2nd or 3rd grade. While handwriting didn't come easy to me, I enjoyed practicing with handwriting sheets. When I was first learning, I ask my parents for handwriting tablets when we were in the store.

Tell us something random about your week.

This 5 inches of snow was not the "dusting" the Denver meteorologists forecasted
for Friday, but it sure was pretty.


Monday, I celebrated MLK Day by watching and absorbing Dr. King's
"I Have A Dream" speech.  I plan to make this a yearly tradition.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in on today's Medley!! I enjoyed your answers and your pie choices!! Cute joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until today I had never heard of peanut butter pie. And you are not the only one to answer peanut butter.

    The recipe doesn't seem difficult. Peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, cream, sugar....

    Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete