Tuesday, November 27, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 06 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.
 

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 06:

I'm thankful for...
  • ... a good 20 minute ride on my bike. 
  • ... my office Christmas tree.
  • ... my friend Laura's husband and youngest son making it safely to Illinois this weekend despite the blizzard conditions.
  • ... cooking myself a good meal at dinner, rather than settling for a fast food stop.
  • ... successfully using the automatic car wash at Green Mountain Car Wash for the first time.  Friends gave me a generous gift card as a "car warming" present this summer.  I've just now mustered the courage to use it.  Yes, it took courage to use it.  My mind goes to the weirdest places when I need to try something new.
  • ... a smiling, joyful cashier despite the crowd at King Soopers.
Today's Throwback Thanks goes to Derek Traywick:
Derf, thanks so much for befriending me.  Thanks for understanding my weird sense of humor (excuse me, but where do you hide your black people?).  Thanks for not caring whether I played more notes than you.  Thanks for all the great times at worship practice and playing in church and in all the crazy places Michelle, Brian, and Shelton had us in (remember the Rich Mullins and Darrel Evans phases?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment