Friday, November 23, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 02 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.
 

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 02:

I'm thankful for...
  • ...the day off.  At other places I've worked, going back to work the day after Thanksgiving was the norm.
  • ...this quote I heard today:  "Gratitude is the breakthrough attitude." - Pastor Rick Warren, Seeking God for a Breakthrough series.
  • ...naps.
  • I'm thankful that I don't have to listen to Christmas music until I'm ready.  I'm not.
  • ...bubble baths.
  • ...not-so-nutty Black Friday shopping crowds at Wal-Mart this afternoon.  I hadn't planned on going anywhere today, but I ran out of yarn right at the end of a project and had to venture out for some. 
  • ...for another finished crochet project.
Today's Throwback Thanks goes to my sister, Ida Guzman:
I still remember the day.  We were in school at Alexandria and you stood up to a bully on the bus for me.  Not only did she make me move out of the seat she wanted, but when you confronted her about it, she answered with some not-so-choice words (including the n-word).  I know I'm not supposed to say this, but I smiled when I heard you say, "This is what a n---- will do for you!" and the thud of you busting her in the face!  Thank you for being my hero that day.  You continued to be my hero as I watched you raise your boys, spoil your grandkids, love your husband, and now, take care of our mom.  I love you, big sis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment