Tuesday, October 30, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 30: "Voice" [My Mythical Year]

For information on My Mythical Year click here.

For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



Since our staff retreat last summer, I've been developing my life's mission statement.  I still haven't nailed it down, but I know that part of it is giving a voice to those who can't speak for themselves and fighting for the defenseless.

I've fought part of the fracus for years.  As a I talked about here, my crochet hooks, paints, and sewing machine fight a battle for the unwanted unborn.  They've also helped bring joy to the lonely, unvisited patients in nursing homes who don't have a voice.  One of my dreams is to assist families who want to adopt and give a voice to unwanted children.

A fight I've taken up but don't yet know how to win is the battle against the lie told to single women that their only worth is in the context of marriage and motherhood.  All I can do in this battle is be the voice of reason.

The biggest fight of all has been for my own health and sanity.  While I fight for others who have no voice, I must fight my own battles and be my own voice.  The fight is far from over, but I've come a long way.  I will continue to fight until what I see in the mirror matches my inner image.  I will battle until my mind stops dragging me in the mire of melancholy.

These fights are definitely worth picking.


No comments:

Post a Comment