Monday, October 29, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 29: "Together"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



If I hear the phrase, "life is meant to be lived in community" one more time, I'm going to throat punch somebody!  I'm sick of hearing what I should do, but no one having the ability to properly present community as something other than a marriage and family.  That ain't me.  That ain't everybody.

As a kid, I understood having very few friends. Combine being the fattest kid in class with glasses so thick I should have been able to see through a wall but could barely see past the nose on my face intertwined with being a poor kid and eventually, an angry kid--this equals a terrible formula for community building.

But now?

Now, I'm a completely different person than I was, but the results of community building seem to still be the same; not much togetherness.

I need some instructions on how to put this thing TOGETHER.

This is the goal.  I'm just not sure what step one is.

No comments:

Post a Comment